Executive Management Program
Only a true leader can unleash the potential of those around him to help them achieve professional growth while achieving organizational excellence. Promoting personal and professional development is at the heart of the Executive Management Program. The program focuses on giving you knowledge and skills in management and management practices that will enable you to play an active leadership role in your professional life and contribute to the success of your businesses.
You will learn how to:
- Understand and apply the most recent management theories as well as generally accepted common practices.
- Analyze the financial performance of firms and implement timely actions that would lead to better performance.
- Acquire and develop entrepreneurial skills that provide insight into ways of starting a business using market studies, vision and leadership drive.
Bachelor’s degree holders who are:
- Seeking to increase their knowledge and skills in the area of management
- Looking to redirect their careers to the management field.
Strategic Management Course (Pre-requisite for the program)
- Identify and use concepts of strategic thinking and apply them in managing organizations
- Identify and take part in strategy formulation
- Set action plans for implementation
Course 1: Effective Leadership Development
- Motivation and empowerment
- Leadership, communication and team leading
- Leadership, power and influence
- Creating a vision and strategic direction
Course 2: Organization Development and Transformation
- Introduction to organization development
- Reinventing the organization
- Changing the culture
- Overcoming resistance to change and acquiring process intervention skills
- Employee empowerment and work-team development
Course 3: Operation Management and Productivity
- Introduction to operations management
- Competitive strategy
- Productivity and forecasting
- Product and service design
- Selected topics in operations management
Course 4: Managing Business Organization Using IT Tools
- Management in the age of information
- Strategic importance of information technology (IT)
- Developing an IT strategy
- Managing IT and business planning
Course 5: Successful Business Through Effective Selling and Smart Marketing
- Introduction to selling and communication
- Adaptive selling and interviewing
- Introduction to marketing and marketing orientation
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP)
- Pricing, distribution and promotion
Course 6: Accounting for Executive Managers
- Introduction to accounting
- Balance sheet statements
- Profit and loss account statement
- Cash-flow statement
- Work frames for financial reporting and financial assurance
Course 7: Finance for Executive Managers
- Basic ideas, scope and tools of finance
- Fundamentals of company investment
- Earnings, profits and cash flow
- Applications of company investments
Course 8: Entrepreneurship and Starting your own Business
- Introduction to entrepreneurship and small business management
- Application of marketing and management concepts to small businesses
- Application of financial management and financing options to small businesses
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade of “good” or a minimum grade point average of 2.3 is required.
- For applicants who graduated from university with an overall grade of “pass,” two years of professional work experience is required.
- Applicants should pass the Standard English Proficiency Test (SEPT).
- AUC graduates and ExecEd alumni are exempted from the SEPT.