Egypt is becoming one of the fastest-growing startup ecosystems in the Middle East and North Africa region. Venture capital has been one of the key sources of financing emerging companies and ambitious entrepreneurs.
This program will unveil one of the most exciting and perhaps least transparent areas in finance. The program is designed for investors and entrepreneurs interested in sharpening their financial and technical skills for venture capital financing. Participants will have a comprehensive overview of the venture capital investment cycle, including how the best venture capitalists source, screen, and value deals and design contracts that protect both investors and founders and execute them.
- Define venture capital and understand how it works
- Develop the fundamental soft skills required to successfully carry out the basic functions of a venture capital analyst or associate
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental technical skills required to achieve basic functions of a venture capital analyst or associate
- Create a full set of deal documentation
- Start-up entrepreneurs who are aiming to understand the economics and practices of venture capital
- Family businesses who are looking to invest in venture capital
- Management consultants who are looking to establish relevant cross-functional skills
- Financial services or consulting professionals looking to transition into a career in venture capital
- Senior leadership within local/multinational or government-owned companies interested in corporate venture capital
The program is divided into four modules as follows:
Introduction to venture capital: How do venture capital funds work?
- Deal sourcing, personal branding, and writing well: How do you find deals?
- Influencing and making deals: How do you close and execute deals?
- Structuring and deal terms: How to structure a deal and what are the terms of a deal?
- The process of deal-making: What is the process of executing a deal?
- Assessing companies 101: What to look for in a company and how to value an investment opportunity?
- Environmental, Social, and Governance considerations (ESG): What does ESG mean and why does it matter?
- Documents preparation: How do we build the documentation for a deal?
- Group presentations
- Minimum two years of work experience
- Prior knowledge of finance and accounting
- Prepare a clear scanned copy of the following documents (saved in PDF format):
- Original bachelor’s degree certificate
- National identification card (ID)/passport
- Fill in the application and upload the above PDF documents
- The Admissions Committee will review your application and contact you if needed
- You will receive an acceptance email specifying the next steps for online payment. Your registration is confirmed upon payment
For any inquiries regarding the application process, contact us at 15592 or by email.
The program fees are EGP 9,900 (This includes total tuition costs, materials, and a certificate.)
*For payment options, refer to the payment section FAQs on our website or contact us on 15592.
AUC School of Business Executive Education has joined valU, flexible payment plans for up to 5 years with the lowest interest rate.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing by email. A full refund will be provided for cancellations made 14 days or more before the course's start date.
- A 50 percent refund will be provided for cancellations made 7 to 13 days before the course's start date
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made six days or less before the course's start date
- Refunds will be issued to the same payment method used to make the initial payment. Refunds to credit cards are processed within 30 days, provided that the participant has the actual credit card in addition to the POS receipt or bank statement while requesting a refund
- The refund of alliance programs is subject to the conditions of the alliance partner