Professional Pharmaceutical Marketing Certificate
As pharmaceutical companies invest aggressively into emerging markets, the Pharmaceutical industry continues to grow at a rapid rate. The new world of patient advocacy, increase in chronic diseases, heightened patient expectations and more strict drug regulations push Pharma companies to embrace those challenges and adopt a patient-centric approach to market their offerings.
The Professional Pharmaceutical Marketing Certificate is designed to provide professionals in the Pharma industry with the vision to adopt a service-oriented model to pharmaceutical marketing rather than a drug-oriented approach. Professional in sales, marketing, business development, or market access will go through a journey that spans marketing planning, market access, marketing research, integrated marketing communications, and distribution channels.
By the end of the certificate, professionals will be able to design advertising, marketing, and educational campaigns geared towards different stakeholders. They will also be able to develop product/brand launch, marketing plans and perform competitive analysis.
The program adopts interactive methodologies, projects, local case studies, and group discussions that provide participants with the knowledge and skills to stand out in the Pharmaceutical job market.
- Explain product portfolio management and how it relates to the organization’s marketing strategy
- Recognize methods of conducting marketing research, including primary and secondary research methods
- Create a product or service positioning statement that aligns with a value proposition and a target segment
- Develop a best in the class marketing plan
- Develop a market access action plan that best responds to the demands of constantly changing policies and healthcare systems
- Demonstrate how organizations use integrated marketing communication to support their marketing strategies
- Evaluate how to use distribution channels to market an organization’s products and services effectively
- Conduct a financial assessment to support portfolio management and strategic decision making
- Professionals working in the healthcare industry: pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, and nutraceuticals
- Medical representatives, key account managers and product specialists
- Junior product and brand managers
- Professionals in medical affairs, regulatory, business development and market access
1. Marketing Strategy and Planning (24 hrs)
This course is designed to provide the foundational principles of marketing in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. It focuses on introducing the participant to the unique characteristics of pharmaceutical marketing, and the most efficient techniques used to gather information to build a solid situational analysis, which is the backbone for building an effective, best-in-class marketing plan for product/portfolio. By the end of this course, participants will be able to adopt the most recent techniques/matrices for gathering, identifying and analyzing external, internal and competitors’ information. They will also be able to perform the right segmentation, targeting and positioning for their product/portfolio. Through hands-on activities, participants will be able to secure a swift transition into the following courses of marketing plan implementation.
2. Market Access (24 hrs)
Today, developing innovative therapies in the market is no longer sufficient to be competitive. The traditional healthcare customers are no longer independent decision-makers and must operate as representatives of an interconnected system. This course provides a thorough understanding of market access concepts, tools, and the key stakeholders involved. It covers advocacy, government and public policy, pricing, reimbursement, communication, health technology assessment, and health economics. It is designed for those wishing to integrate market access strategies in marketing and commercial plans or require a foundation for more advanced learning. Through interactive methodologies, best practices, and peer-to-peer discussions, participants will gain the know-how that will enable them to develop a market access plan that best responds to the demands of constantly changing political climates, healthcare systems, and emerging key influential institutions.
3. Marketing Research and Analytics (21 hrs)
This course provides participants with an overview of pharmaceutical market trends, opportunities and challenges. It focuses on the importance of marketing research, to offer insights into customer preferences and trends that can be used for marketing and business decisions. It covers how marketing analytics can enable marketers to measure, manage, and analyze marketing performance to maximize effectiveness and optimize the return on investment. By the end of this course, participants will identify how to use market research information to initiate and complete marketing strategy planning. They will also have the ability to distinguish between different marketing research methods and recognize the value of having good market intelligence to minimize risks when making key business decisions. Through interactive methodologies, collaboration, projects, case studies and discussions, participants will gain knowledge, skills and insights that will enable them to manage Marketing Research and Analytics to support informed business decisions.
4. Marketing Execution 1: Communication Channel (24 hrs)
This course is designed to provide participants an exploration of the stages of strategy realization from opportunity identification to action plan preparation, implementation and monitoring. It also covers areas of integrated marketing communication starting from a process perspective to prescription products, over-the-counter products (OTC), personal selling, key account management and trade marketing. It is designed for those wishing to align marketing strategies with corporate and functions strategies by integrating and coordinating many communications channels to deliver a clear and consistent message about their organization and its products. By the end of this course, participants will gain skills and experience to be able to translate strategy into effective actions and recognize how integrated marketing communications can drive performance by engaging, serving and communicating with consumers and other stakeholders across many channels. They will also be able to structure an integrated marketing communication plan based on the application of marketing concepts, principles, and practices within an organization as well as to measure and critically evaluate the effects and results of the communication to successfully execute a strategic business plan.
5. Marketing Execution 2: Distribution Channels (24 hrs)
This course is designed to provide participants with the foundational principles of distribution in the pharmaceutical industry from a commercial perspective. It is for those wishing to align marketing strategies with corporate and function strategies. By the end of this course, participants will be able to recognize and evaluate the distribution channels, understand the difference between prescription and consumer portfolios, and demonstrate how organizations use integrated marketing communication with a focus on evolving Digital Marketing. They will also have a better understanding of Omni Channel Marketing, to support their marketing strategies and augment their financial acumen which will enable product portfolio management and strategic decision making.
Effectively operating within a business setting and having a positive contribution require a certain set of skills and competencies. The business acumen courses explore critical 21st-century skills needed for today’s business world, enabling passion and speed in dealing with different business situations.
To check out the full list of our Business Acumen courses, click here.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
Prepare a clear scanned copy of the following documents (saved in PDF format):
Original bachelor’s degree certificate
National identification card (ID)/passport
Fill in the application and upload the above PDF documents
The Admissions Committee will review your application and contact you if needed
You will receive an acceptance email specifying the next steps for online payment. Your registration is confirmed upon payment
For any inquiries regarding the application process, contact us at 15592 or by email
Core program courses fees: EGP 7,200 per 24hrs course
Business Acumen online course fees: EGP 2,000 per course
Total program investment: EGP 38,000*
*For payment options, refer to the payment section FAQs on our website or contact us on 15592.
AUC School of Business executive education has joined valU, flexible payment plans up to five years with the lowest interest rate.
- All cancellations must be sent by email. A full refund will be provided for cancellations made 14 days or more before the start date of the course
- A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations made 7 to 13 days before the start date of the course
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made six days or less before the start date of the course
- Refunds will be issued to the same payment method used to make the initial payment. Refunds to credit cards are processed within 30 days provided that the participant has the actual credit card in addition to the POS receipt or bank statement while requesting a refund
- The refund of alliance programs is subject to the conditions of the alliance partner