Healthcare Quality Excellence Diploma
The healthcare industry has one of the most complex infrastructures compared to other global industries. It is characterized by intertwining and ever-changing relationships between patients, physicians, hospital administrators, insurers, communities, and governments. Dynamic competition, increased expectations of demanding consumers, the evolvement of healthcare accreditation and regulatory bodies, and the changing healthcare quality and patient safety standards, have generated an increasingly challenging healthcare environment. The diploma addresses the current challenges and provides aspiring healthcare professionals with innovative techniques and approaches to creatively refine the provision of healthcare services. Field visits to renowned hospitals will cover the practical aspects of how to master continuous improvement methodologies, patient safety techniques as well as the latest in risk management expertise.
- Recognize the fundamental pillars of the new healthcare system in Egypt
- Adopt a practical journey to accreditation
- Establish an efficient approach to patient safety and patient-centered care
- Design healthcare service processes
- Use quality improvement tools in a simplified yet professional approach
- Develop effective and efficient risk management skills
- Maintain healthy business relationships between employees and employers
- Integrate a clinical information system team into healthcare organizations
- Implement a performance management system as a key to organizational success
- Healthcare professionals currently working in quality teams and seeking to sharpen their knowledge and skills
- Healthcare professionals with clinical experience who aim to improve the quality of healthcare services and patient safety standards offered in their healthcare organizations
- Healthcare professionals who seek to embark on a journey towards accreditation and performance management program implementation
Once per week:
Healthcare Systems (12hrs)
This module focuses on the importance of the partnership between the payer, provider, and patients. It addresses the new health care ecosystem in Egypt, which aims to achieve high-quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
Operations Management (12hrs)
Quality doesn't happen by chance, it needs to be systematically developed with objective planning, stakeholders' involvement, and considering patients' needs. It takes a clear understanding of the operations and integration between clinical and non-clinical processes. This module will provide you with the needed tools to manage a hospital's operations while applying a quality management system efficiently.
People Management (12hrs)
Develop skills in managing people in organizations to maximize their performance through active learning and hands-on activities. This approach guarantees knowledge acquisition and skills development in alignment with the best practices in People Management.
Information-Driven Healthcare (12hrs)
Dive deep into a detailed explanation of the modern concept of information systems in healthcare. This module discusses different types and methodologies related to the development of such systems and covers various ethical, technical, and legal issues. All of the previous concepts are discussed in the context of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and associated clinical information systems.
Twice per week:
Accreditation Systems (24hrs)
Determine the best accreditation system that fits your organization most and how to implement it. Measure, score, and evaluate your organization against accreditation standards. This module will enable you to understand and explain the standards, develop the documents required for accreditation, and deploy different quality functions needed to implement accreditation systems.
Patient Safety and Risk Management (24hrs)
Acquire the needed knowledge, skills, and attitude to promote a culture of safety in your healthcare organization. Develop effective and efficient risk management skills, enabling you to establish an effective safety program, conduct a review of workplace issues, and support caregivers after major errors.
Healthcare Performance Management (18hrs)
Performance management is a key to the long-term success of healthcare organizations. This module emphasizes that good performance management is a process, not an event. Plan a multidisciplinary process that occurs continuously and not just once a year. This performance management process creates a work environment in which employees are enabled to reach their maximum potential performance through alignment with the healthcare organization’s strategic directions.
Continuous Improvement Methodologies (30hrs)
Improving the quality of processes and maintaining acceptable levels of performance are critical factors in the success of any organization. This module is designed to prepare attendees to develop the required knowledge, skills, and practices necessary to efficiently influence and continuously improve the multiple elements of care delivery within a healthcare organization. Acquire a solid foundation of the different improvement and evaluation methodologies through mini-project models following FOCUS-PDCA, Six Sigma, or Lean methodologies.
Hospital Visits (8 visits/5hrs each)
Observe and appreciate the best practices in the provision of healthcare services and become familiar with implementing the appropriate tools through well-planned and structured hospital visits.
Effectively operating within a business setting and having a positive contribution require a certain set of skills and competencies. The business acumen courses explore critical 21st-century skills needed for today’s business world, enabling passion and speed in dealing with different business situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, science, nursing, business administration, or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience (excluding training that is part of a degree such as the house-officer year for physicians
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Prepare a clear scanned copy of the following documents (saved in PDF format):
- Original bachelor’s degree certificate
- National identification card (ID) / passport
- Fill in the application and upload the above PDF documents
- The Admissions Committee will review your application and contact you if needed
- You will receive an acceptance email specifying the next steps for online payment. Your registration is confirmed upon payment
For any inquiries regarding the application process, contact us at 15592 or by email.
Core program courses fees:
EGP 3,600 per 12 hrs course
EGP 5,400 per 18 hrs course
EGP 7,200 per 24 hrs course
EGP 9,000 per 30 hrs course
Business Acumen online course fees: EGP 2,000 per course
Hospital visits: EGP 750 per visit (Total of 8 visits)
Total program investment: EGP 55,200
*For payment options, refer to the payment section FAQs on our website or contact us on 15592
AUC School of Business Executive Education has joined valU, flexible payment plans up to five years with the lowest interest rate.
All cancellations must be sent in writing by email. A full refund will be provided for cancellations made 14 days or more before the start date of the course
A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations made 7 to 13 days before the start date of the course
No refund will be provided for cancellations made six days or less before the start date of the course
Refunds will be issued to the same payment method used to make the initial payment. Refunds to credit cards are processed within 30 days provided that the participant has the actual credit card in addition to the POS receipt or bank statement while requesting a refund
The refund of alliance programs is subject to the conditions of the alliance partner