Total Quality Management
Quality is not only a primordial success factor for any business but a pillar upon which it can cement a competitive edge.
If you’re a quality professional, the TQM program is designed to qualify you to become a successful quality manager and will provide you with the necessary skills to lead your company when establishing quality, Six Sigma or environmental management systems that satisfy the requirements of international standards such as ISO 9000 and ISO 14000.
Learn how to:
- Facilitate and lead team efforts to establish and monitor customer and supplier relations, as well as support strategic planning and deployment initiatives.
- Develop measurement systems to determine organizational improvement.
- Individuals requiring a working knowledge and understanding of total quality management (TQM).
- New and experienced candidates in quality who want to use the TQM framework and proven approaches and tools to be more effective on the job.
- Quality professionals and management representatives.
Course 1: Standards for Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Quality system documentations
- Quality system auditing
- Environmental management system
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria
Course 2: Planning for Top Quality
- Establish the project
- Identify customers and customer needs
- Develop the product
- Develop the process and process controls
Course 3: Statistical Quality Control
- Fundamentals of statistics and probability
- Confidence interval
- Test of hypotheses
- Control charts for variables and attributes
- Acceptance sampling plans
- MIL Standards
Course 4: Basic Six Sigma Breakthrough
- Six Sigma theory and foundations
- Six Sigma methodologies
- Six Sigma tools
Course 5: Project Management
- Project management framework
- Project management knowledge areas
- Project execution and closing
Course 6: Managing Quality Functions
Explore and understand the basic collection of quality-related activities through which a company achieves customer satisfaction and loyalty
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade of “good” or a minimum grade point average of 2.3 is required.
- For applicants who graduated from university with an overall grade of “pass,” two years of professional work experience is required.
- Applicants should pass the Standard English Proficiency Test (SEPT).
- AUC graduates and ExecEd alumni are exempted from the SEPT.