Edinburgh Business School MBA
With the interconnectedness of today’s economies and the proliferation of cross-border businesses, the need for individuals with international exposure is on the rise.
Edinburgh Business School MBA (EBS MBA) is a text-based program provided by Heriot-Watt University in the United Kingdom.
The program will enable you to attain a globally recognized degree from a Royal Charter University and will offer you an international learning experience all while remaining in Cairo.
You will learn how to:
- Control, lead, manage, plan and organize a business successfully
- Adapt to ever-changing, complex domestic and global business environments, organizations, relationships and situations.
Individuals who seek more knowledge and practical skills in the business administration field and who are interested in earning a globally recognized degree.
- The general MBA requires successful completion of seven core courses and two elective courses.
- The specialized MBA requires successful completion of seven core courses and four elective courses within the given specialization area(s).
Learn how to cut through the information system to reach the accounting numbers that really matter, those that could influence a decision
Get acquainted with the strengths and weaknesses of the free enterprise system in a politically unbiased fashion and to get introduced to the economic principles and tools essential for rational decision making in a company.
Capture the most important modern ideas in corporate finance, starting at rudimentary financial concepts and progressing to an advanced level of financial sophistication.
Get familiar with the steps in analytical and decision-making processes involved in formulating, implementing and controlling a strategic marketing program for a given product market entry.
- Organizational Behaviour
Understand the importance of individual differences, work attitudes and their antecedents and consequences, as well as the role of process and content theories of employee motivation and performance.
- Project Management
Get familiar with project management’s main elements. The course looks at the functional and general management skills and knowledge required by successful project managers today.
- Strategic Planning
Learn how to set company objectives, choose among alternative courses of action, allocate resources and evaluate outcomes.
Students may choose from 37 courses, offered within the following specialization areas:
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Oil and Gas Management
- International TOEFL test (91 Internet-based) or academic IELTS (with a minimum score of 6) is required for students who want to attend on campus. For self-study students, no exam is required.
- A bachelor’s degree and transcript from a recognized university with a minimum grade of “good” or a minimum grade point average of 2.3 is required.
- For applicants who graduated from university with an overall grade of “pass,” two years of professional work experience is required.